DIAMOND PORTALS HEALING and SOUND
“Pure sounds will be the healing modality of the future.”
The power of sound has been acknowledged since the beginning of time.
In the Hindu tradition, creation began with a humming sound that arose from the depths of a vast ocean. This humming expanded to become the sacred sound “Aum,” which called into being all of life. The Judeo-Christian tradition also acknowledges sound as the instigator of life: “In the beginning was the Word.”
Indigenous cultures and ancient traditions worldwide recognize the power of sound to heal and transform consciousness.
The Tibetans use bells, chimes, bowls, and chanting to deepen their spiritual practice. Native American medicine men and Australian Aboriginals use toning and repetitive sounds, along with instruments created from nature, in sacred ceremony to adjust physical or spiritual imbalances. Many African cultures use voice and drumming to bring them closer to Spirit. Sound is a major part of individual and group worship in nearly every religion in the world.
Why is sound so important? Because it touches us at a deep cellular level. As Mitchell Gaynor, MD, says in his book Sounds of Healing, “there’s no organ or system in the body that’s not affected by sound and music and vibration.”
Like everything in the universe, we are made of energy that has its own vibration. The frequency of that vibration is called resonance. Your body is in a healthy state when each cell and organ resonate in harmony with your whole being. When part of your body is vibrating out of tune, we call it “dis-ease.”
Sound healing is the intentional use of sound to resonate with specific parts of the energetic or physical body.
Sound healing works by reinstating the correct sound pattern that will help an organ or system return to its natural state of resonance.
Sound healing is as natural as listening to music to lighten your mood or singing to an infant to soothe her to sleep.
A trained sound healer acts as a catalyst to intentionally shift vibrational imbalances and effect physical and energetic healing. Sound has been scientifically proven to affect our autonomic, immune, and endocrine systems, as well as the neuropeptide transmitters in the brain. Many prominent physicians and scientists have acknowledged the effect of sound on matter.
- Dr. Hans Jenny pioneered the study of cymatics, the use of “pure tone” or “sine waves” within the audible spectrum to produce physical patterns on sand or liquid.
- Dr. Masaru Emoto observed how the crystalline structure of water changes in response to different sounds. Since our bodies consist of 80% water, they too respond powerfully to sound.
- Mitchell Gaynor, MD, board certified medical oncologist and Senior Medical Oncology Consultant at The Strang Cancer Prevention Center, used sound to help cure cancer patients. He employed music-based meditation and music therapy, including Tibetan and crystal bowls, in his integrative approach to cancer treatment. His book Healing with Sound chronicles a thorough study of sound healing.
- Andrew Weil, MD, the well-known healing pioneer and best-selling author who was twice featured on the cover of Time magazine, has long been fascinated with the ability of sound to induce states conducive to healing. According to Weil, sound sparks a process called entrainment wherein bodily processes such as respiration, heart rate, and brain waves synchronize with the frequencies of what we hear. He promotes the use of sound for managing diverse conditions ranging from depression to chronic pain to Parkinson’s.
Sylvia Moss is a highly trained and experienced sound healer. She uses vocal toning, Alchemy Crystal Singing Bowls –Vessels of Light, drums, rattles and special sterophonic music to remove energetic blockages and restore balance to the cells and energy systems.
Alchemy Crystal Singing Bowls are made from 98.9% pure silicon quartz. Since the human body is crystalline in structure and contains silica in the eyes, teeth, glands, organs, and connective tissues, the bowls resonate powerfully with our physical makeup.
Quartz crystal has the ability to store, absorb, amplify, transform, focus, and transfer energy. The Alchemy Crystal Singing Bowls emit “pure tones” that vibrate the body on a molecular level, since every cell contains silica in the same formula as natural quartz crystal. The vibrations recharge your energy to help your body return to a state of optimum health.
Sound healing can help you…
- Prepare for and heal from surgery. Sound healing before and after surgery can help repair the cut energy field of your body and accelerate healing from the inside out.
- Repair the nerves and nerve endings to heal conditions such as multiple sclerosis, carpal tunnel, and arthritis.
- Revitalize your energy by balancing the chakras and energy field.
- Reduce or eliminate pain.
- Dissolve and flush away diseased cells.
- Aid in detoxification, particularly of the liver.
“When one energetic system encounters another, similar system, their vibrations must come into a state of resonance or harmonic vibration.”
—Ursula Avins of Aphrodite’s Rock